Explore how to best control the code for interactive use. Explore using blocks of code editing. Add more inline code. Apply markup to the Order menu.
- [Teacher] You've learned most of the mark up now.…I'd like to show you one more way to set editable code…and practice some of the skills you've learned so far.…Let's get the two other playground pages we've worked on…looking like the pizza page.…In Xcode, open up the navigator, if it's closed.…Click on "Dessert".…Let's hide some of the code here,…leaving the list and price editable,…and the yummy desserts visible.…First, add some instruction.…
Change the contents…here…for a…different menu.…Be sure…to keep…the same number of prices as items.…Now, let's add hidden code tags…above the import UIkit line…and below the live view line.…
Now, do the same for the print menu line.…I'm just going to copy these,…and paste them.…I'm going to leave two lines…for menu board list and menu board price…as the editable block.…The tag for that is a double slash pound editable code.…Below menuBoard.price, add the ending tag.…
Close the Xcode playground.…Click open Menu Board.…Your experience will be very different than past ones.…We have formatted text, and links to other pages.…
- Comparing iPad and Xcode playgrounds
- Creating and testing Swift classes and code in iPad and Xcode playgrounds
- Prototyping code
- Debugging and testing with Quick Look live views
- Using markup to interactively document code and create educational lessons
- Compiling code into playground books
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS App Development: Notificationswith Steven Lipton1h 10m Intermediate
1. Introducing Playgrounds
2. Xcode Playgrounds
3. iPad Playgrounds
4. Markup and Playgrounds
5. Playground Books
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.