Xcode is Apple's official Integrated Development Environment, or IDE, for developing iOS applications. Using Xcode, you can code, debug, and develop user interfaces for iOS apps. This video shows where to find Xcode, and how to install it on your device. The only prerequisite is that you have an Apple ID, which you can get for free.
- [Voiceover] You can find Xcode in the Mac App Store.…In the App Store, just search for Xcode, all one word,…and it should be the first item that you see…in the search results.…So here we have Xcode…so you can click on that,…and then you're taken to the Xcode product page.…Now on my screen it says, "Open,"…because I've already downloaded and installed Xcode.…But Xcode is free and you can download it right here…by clicking the button that you should see…on your screen if you don't have it installed already.…Now if you're wondering what operating systems…support Xcode, you can find that…on the right side of the screen.…
So you'll see the compatibility is 10.10.5 or later.…And you can see the file size and the version, et cetera.…So click the link to download and install Xcode…and then you're ready to move on with the course.…
Interested in developing for Apple Watch or Apple TV? Get a sneak peek in Chapter 9. The course wraps up with a look at the submission process for the App Store.
- Installing Xcode and the iOS SDK
- Creating a simple iOS app
- Creating a basic interaction with a button
- Choosing an object as a first responder
- Creating a user interface with Interface Builder and Auto Layout
- Working with sliders and progress bars
- Creating views to show images and web pages
- Developing responsive layouts with size classes
- Understanding the iOS architecture
- Loading data in table views
- Transitioning between views
- Developing for the iPad, Apple Watch, and Apple TV
- Submitting apps to the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. Prepare to Develop an iOS App
2. Core Skills
3. Basic iOS UI
4. More UI Objects
5. Size Classes
6. iOS Application Architecture
7. Table Views
8. Multiple-View Applications
9. iPad, Watch, and Apple TV Development
10. Finish and Submit to the App Store
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.