Learn how to implement the filter functionality, which will allow the users to view the dishes based on their course.
- [Instructor] Our final task is to implement…the filter dishes by course function,…which will allow us to look at the different courses…and the dishes associated with different courses.…We're going to implement this inside…the filter by dishes function, which is already invoked…when a user selects a particular course.…Let's go ahead and start with the URL.…This URL will point to our service,…which is a Nadia's Garden Web API service,…and make sure that the service is running.…
The URL with be localhost:8090…and it will be dishes-by-course.…In this case, we are also going to be passing in…the name of the course in the form of course string,…which in the case will be the title.…The title is being passed by the segmented control.…Go ahead and also unwrap it.…Let's go ahead and also initialize our dishes array…so that we're always starting with fresh data.…
Now, once this is initialized,…we are ready to invoke our request.…We're going to the ULRSession.shared.dataTask…and paste in the URL.…We already have the URL, so let's go ahead and paste that.…
- Reviewing the concepts behind server-side Swift programming
- Different server-side Swift frameworks
- Setting up a Kitura project
- Adding HeliumLogger for debugging
- Accessing JSON passed parameters using Kitura.
- Reading URL parameters and URL encoded form parameters
- Configuring the PostgreSQL database
- Fetching, inserting, and deleting records from the database
- Integrating a Kitura API with an iPhone app