Learn how to implement a fetch function to retrieve and display a list of dishes on the screen.
- [Instructor] Now that you have already seen Nadia's…Garden iOS app running, you have a much better idea…of what the app looks like.…We still have to put in the missing pieces,…which will allow our app to communicate…with the Nadia's Garden Web API we implemented earlier.…In order to see this app, let's go ahead…and first start our server.…Without the server, our app will not be able…to communicate with the Web API.…
Once the server is started, go back to the app…and go ahead and run it.…You will notice that our app does not…display any information inside the tableView.…It's simply empty.…Even if I click on starters, entrees, or desserts,…it's not going to show anything.…By clicking on the add button, I can see the screen where…I can add, but currently that feature is not implemented.…
All the UI and the navigation flow is already implemented,…but we still have to fill in the missing pieces,…so our Nadia's Garden app can communicate with the web API.…So, let's get started.…The first thing we are going to to do is to implement…
- Reviewing the concepts behind server-side Swift programming
- Different server-side Swift frameworks
- Setting up a Kitura project
- Adding HeliumLogger for debugging
- Accessing JSON passed parameters using Kitura.
- Reading URL parameters and URL encoded form parameters
- Configuring the PostgreSQL database
- Fetching, inserting, and deleting records from the database
- Integrating a Kitura API with an iPhone app