First, learn what you can legitimately offer for sale in the App Store. Apple's guidelines restrict the sale of certain products, including real-world goods. Next, learn how to configure new products for sale with iTunes Connect and retrieve the product information in your app. Ron then shows how to request and process payments, and deliver the user's purchases to their iOS device. There are separate chapters for working with subscriptions and restoring purchased content when users have to reinstall the app—a smart strategy for keeping your app rating high.
- What you can and can't sell in the App Store
- Creating products in iTunes Connect
- Retrieving product information
- Requesting payments in your app
- Processing App Store transactions
- Delivering products to your app
- Working with subscriptions
- Restoring purchased content
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi there, I'm Ron Buencamino, and welcome to Implementing In-App Purchases in iOS with Swift. In this course, we'll take an in-depth look into what it takes to include in-app purchases into your own app. We'll discuss what you can sell, and define those products in iTunes Connect. Also, I'll go over retrieving products from the App Store, and we'll take a look at the entire payment process, from accepting payments all the way to delivering and restoring products.
Along the way, we'll be building an app that demonstrates every step of the process. By the time we're done, you'll be on your way to selling your own products in no time. So let's get started.