- [Instructor] I've gone ahead and created the…open map weather network controller swift file…to save us some time.…I'm going to add it to our project.…I'm going to right click on the networking group,…choose add files to weather app,…then navigate to the addons folder,…and here we have our file.…Let's add it.…Now parsing JSON data is beyond the scope of this course.…
So I implemented a helper method…that decodes and maps the JSON data…to our Swift data structures.…You can see the helper method here on line six.…It is currently commented out,…but we're going to use it later.…Now let's make our open map weather network controller…adopt the network controller protocol.…I'm going to let auto complete add the missing methods.…It's only our fetch current weather data…method as we assumed.…
All right, let's start implementing it.…We'll need a URL session instance first.…So I'm going to create it, let's call it session…equals URL session…and we'll use this initializer.…I pass in a default session configuration.…We don't need the session delegate in this app…
- Comparing object-oriented programming with protocol-oriented programming
- Methods and class-bound protocols
- Adopting a protocol
- Declaring asynchronous behavior
- Preparing and implementing fallback logic
- Implementing an app using protocol-oriented programming
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Protocol-Oriented Programming
4. Implement the Weather App Using POP
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.