Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video How to use the exercise files, part of iOS Game Development with Swift 3 and SpriteKit.
- [Narrator] The exercise files for this course are organized by chapters. In addition to the chapter folders you're going to see a folder called assets that contains the graphics and sound files used throughout the course. In just about every movie in the course you're going to see a pop-up on your screen that tells you which exercise file I'm working in. To follow along, follow the appropriate path and then you want to open the start folder and then navigate through until you find the Xcode project folder. Simply double-click that file to get right into Xcode and follow along with me.
If you don't have access to the exercise files it's okay. You can still follow along. The only thing you're going to need is a few graphic assets and a few sound effect files. If you have a graphics creation program like Photoshop of course that helps, but throughout the course I'll explain a few free resources that you can use to make your own graphics quickly. Aside from that, we're writing most of the code from scratch in the course and we're going to be recycling a lot of the same code throughout the course.
So if you come into a project and you see that there is a lot of code already existing, it's most likely some code that's previously written. And any exceptions to that, I'll make sure to point them out so everybody can follow along with the course.
- Creating a SpriteKit project
- Adding and modifying sprites
- Creating sprites in code
- Transitioning between scenes
- Working with children and parents
- Adding physics
- Detecting and responding to collisions
- Applying particle effects
- Creating actions
- Working with sound
- Adding cameras and lights
Skill Level Intermediate
Careers in the Game Industrywith Christian Bradley1h 19m Beginner
Building a Game App with the Android SDKwith David Gassner2h 6m Intermediate
1. Introduction to SpriteKit
2. Add Physics
3. Work with Particle Effects
4. Work with Actions
5. Work with Audio
6. Additional Features
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.