Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video How to use the exercise files, part of Cocoa with Swift 3 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] The Exercise Files for this course are organized by chapters. There's also a folder called assets that contain some graphic files that we're going to be using throughout the course, including these icons here. Each chapter contains the accompanying Exercise Files. Sometimes there's one folder like in Chapter 01. Sometimes there are many folders like in Chapter 02 or 03 or 04. On your screen, as you're following along, you're going to see the path to a file to open up.
The path will look something like this, Chapter 04/formatter.start/CreateUI/CreateUI.excodeproject. The Xcode project is the file that you want to double click, open up in Xcode and follow right along with me as you're going through the course. Note that in many cases, I've included the final states of the projects in the final folder simply for your convenience. If you don't have the Exercise Files, however, you can still follow along.
Everything in the course is pretty much created from scratch other than the assets that I showed just a minute ago. If I have any existing code in my project or existing user interface elements on my screen, I'll show you how to create them so that you can follow along just as well. So let's get started with the course.
- Installing your development tools
- Working with Xcode and the MVC pattern
- Creating basic interactions
- Creating delegate classes
- Building a user interface
- Laying out the UI
- Working with data and table views
- Binding data objects to the UI
- Debugging your app
- Distributing the app
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Core Cocoa Skills
4. Create User Interfaces
5. Arrange User Interfaces
6. Use Data Controls
7. Debug and Troubleshoot
8. Distribute an Application
9. Finishing Touches
Create full screen apps1m 51s
Next steps1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.