Go over implementing the Heroku CLI tools and integrating them with the Vapor toolchain.
- [Instructor] Now that we have our Heroku credentials,…what we will need to do now,…is install the Heroku command line interface tool.…To do that, I went to heroku.com and I did a search…for Heroku CLI.…And as we can see here,…you can download different versions of this.…There's it comes with an installer,…or if you have Homebrew for OS10,…you could install it via Homebrew.…However what I did was I installed using the package.…So I downloaded it over here to my downloads directory.…I'm going to go ahead and just run it.…
Once it's done, I can click on close,…and I can fire up a terminal window…to verify that everything works.…So in my terminal window, I'm simply just going to type Heroku.…And when I do that it's asking me for my Heroku credentials.…This tells me that the CLI tool has been installed…on my machine,…and this is great.…So I'm going to press control c now to quit out of this,…and let's move to our next lesson,…where we're going to start to deploy to Heroku.…
- Reviewing the concept of server-side Swift
- Installing Vapor in a local environment
- Creating a new Vapor project
- Reviewing Vapor's built-in capabilities to interact with external services
- Registering and authenticating with the Dark Sky API
- Working with Leaf templates
- Setting up a Heroku account
- Using common troubleshooting techniques
Skill Level Intermediate
Core Data for iOS and macOS Enterprise Developerswith Jon Bott1h 46m Intermediate
iOS App Development: Test-Driven Developmentwith Harrison Ferrone2h 14m Intermediate
1. Open-Source Swift and Vapor Background
2. Vapor's System Layer
3. Working with Vapor
4. View Templating
5. Deploying to Heroku
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.