Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Getting the most from Code Clinic, part of Code Clinic: Swift.
- [Instructor] If you really want to get the most out of Code Clinic, try to create your own solution to the problem before you watch how I've done it. If you spent time working on the question, you'll have a better idea of some of the difficult paths and have a better understanding of why I've made certain choices. I've included the source code from my solution in the exercise files. I'm assuming you've already got the necessary tools installed to be able to edit and run the code. If not, I'd recommend you take a look at Swift Essential Training, Xcode Essential Training, or any of the iOS courses for the latest version of iOS.
Code Clinic is a unique opportunity to look over my shoulder as I actually solve coding problems. Keep in mind that my solution isn't the only correct solution. There are always a multitude of ways to solve a problem, but by watching how I approach the task, I hope you'll learn how to become a better programmer yourself.
Visit other courses in the series to see how to solve the exact same challenges in languages like C#, C++, Java, PHP, Python, and Ruby.
- Building a database
- Querying data
- Calculating statistics with Swift methods
- Accessing and displaying geolocation data
- Accessing peripherals
- Detecting facial features and identities
- Creating real-time dashboards
Skill Level Intermediate
Consuming RESTful APIs in PHP with Guzzlewith Justin Yost2h 12m Intermediate
PHP: Test-Driven Development with PHPUnitwith Justin Yost1h 54m Intermediate
1. Problem 1: Weather Statistics
2. Problem 2: Where Am I?
3. Problem 3: Eight Queens
4. Problem 4: Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5: Facial Recognition
6. Problem 6: Real-Time Information Dashboard
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.