Frame animations allow you to change a sprite's texture over time. This tutorial shows how to create frame animations through the editor.
- [Instructor] Frame animations allow you to change…the sprite's texture over time.…In my assets folder I have some frames for the player,…so there's a little animation of the flame…moving up and down.…So to apply that, I'll go to my game scene.…In the object library, I'm going to filter for animate,…and that's going to find animate with textures action,…so click and drag that into the timeline…underneath my player.…And what I want to do here is select the animation…and then look in the attributes inspector.…
In the attributes inspector we have some settings…with the start time and the duration,…but I want to focus on textures,…so what we need to do is apply those images…from the assets folder, in our textures area.…To do that, I'm going to need to head over…to the media library, so that's the button…to the right of the object library,…and in here I'm going to find my player frames,…so I'm just going to click and drag player frame one,…two, three, and then four right in.…
And if I want to reorganize them,…I can just click and drag that,…
- Creating a SpriteKit project
- Adding and modifying sprites
- Creating sprites in code
- Transitioning between scenes
- Working with children and parents
- Adding physics
- Detecting and responding to collisions
- Applying particle effects
- Creating actions
- Working with sound
- Adding cameras and lights
Skill Level Intermediate
Game Design Careers with Brenda Romerowith Brenda Romero54m 41s Beginner
Careers in the Game Industrywith Christian Bradley1h 19m Beginner
Building a Game App with the Android SDKwith David Gassner2h 6m Intermediate
1. Introduction to SpriteKit
2. Add Physics
3. Work with Particle Effects
4. Work with Actions
5. Work with Audio
6. Additional Features
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.