To wrap up the user interface, we need to delete a button and stretch out a different button. With all of the buttons connected to pins, see how the process is different.
- [Instructor] Now, let's wrap up the user interface.…So we have this grid that changes…based on the size of the screen,…but one problem exists in our layout.…We have all these buttons, and we actually have one extra.…The number of buttons are going to be one through nine…in this three-by-three grid here.…Then we need a zero, of course,…which is going to be the bottom left corner.…We have the four buttons on the right…covering plus, minus, times, and equals.…
We have a clear button,…and then we don't have this other button here,…so what we need to do is make the zero button…two buttons wide.…To do that, I'm going to select the button…that we no longer need.…That is, the second button from the bottom left.…So we go over one right here, select it,…and just delete it.…Now what I'm going to do…is select this bottom left corner button.…For this button, I actually don't want it…to be the same width as the other buttons,…so I need to delete the pin…that's saying it's the same width as the other buttons.…
You can actually select the pin…
- Installing Xcode
- Creating an Xcode project
- Configuring the iOS Simulator
- Understanding variables
- Connecting visual objects to variables
- Understanding methods
- Connecting a button to a method
- Using conditional statements
- Setting up the user interface (UI)
- Building a complete iOS app
Skill Level Beginner
1. Set Up Your Coding Environment
Create an Xcode project4m 19s
2. Programming Building Blocks: Variables
3. Programming Building Blocks: Methods
4. Programming Building Blocks: Conditional Statements
5. Plan and Prepare the App
6. Build a Full Application
Next steps3m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.