Xcode is Apple's official tool for building iOS 10 and Swift 3 apps. You can find Xcode in the Mac App Store. See how to install it here!
- [Instructor] Apple's official tool…for creating iOS applications is called Xcode.…You can find Xcode in the Mac App Store.…Simply search for Xcode, all one word.…It should be the first result from there.…So when you click on Xcode,…you should see the link to download Xcode right here.…Because I've already installed Xcode, it says Open instead.…So click the button to download and to install Xcode.…And once it's installed,…you want to make sure that you can open it up,…and it's going to ask you if you want to install…required components.…
And it's going to ask for permissions.…So make sure you read those over, and then click OK…to install those extra components…because you're going to need those for this course.…So once you've downloaded, installed, and can open Xcode,…you're ready to go forward with the course.…
- Installing Xcode
- Creating an Xcode project
- Configuring the iOS Simulator
- Understanding variables
- Connecting visual objects to variables
- Understanding methods
- Connecting a button to a method
- Using conditional statements
- Setting up the user interface (UI)
- Building a complete iOS app
Skill Level Beginner
1. Set Up Your Coding Environment
Create an Xcode project4m 19s
2. Programming Building Blocks: Variables
3. Programming Building Blocks: Methods
4. Programming Building Blocks: Conditional Statements
5. Plan and Prepare the App
6. Build a Full Application
Next steps3m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.