The note-taking app we'll build in this course with Xcode, Swift 3, and the iOS 10 SDK has several key features. This video covers those features.
- [Instructor] Let's start by talking about features…of our note taking application.…So the features are, first you're going to be creating…and editing simple text-based notes.…You'll be navigating and data sharing…between multiple screens.…The app can save data…to the mobile device's persistent storage,…and it has easily discoverable command patterns…to accept user input.…Think of a plus button to create a new note.…
A button that says edit, to tap on to edit the notes…and remove notes if you want to delete them.…Here's how the app is going to work,…the user taps the plus button to create a new note.…The the user moves from the list view…to the editor view, and on the editor screen,…the user can make changes to the note.…When the user is done editing the note,…user can go back to the list view…by pressing the back button at the top of the screen.…
All of the new and previously saved notes…are visible on the list screen.…That includes notes saved previously in persistent storage.…
In this course, join Todd Perkins as he takes you through how to create cross-platform apps using Swift. This course is one of three related courses designed to help you discover the similarities and differences that exist between the platforms used by three main devices: an Android phone, an iPhone, and a Windows phone. These courses use the same assets to create the same note-taking app so that you can identify and experience the complementary and contrasting development steps.
- Downloading Xcode
- Configuring preferences in Xcode
- Building the app interface
- Connecting interface elements to code
- Writing app logic
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Note-Taking App for Androidwith David Gassner2h 38m Intermediate
Converting iOS 9 Apps into Apple TV Appswith Yohann Taieb2h 2m Intermediate
1. Project Overview
A demo of the finished app1m 19s
2. Understanding iOS Specifics
3. Get Started
4. Create the Table and a Data Source
5. Edit and Save Data
6. Work with Multiple View Controllers
Next steps2m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.