Join Mike Wong for an in-depth discussion in this video Developer tools, part of iOS App Development: Essential Courses.
- [Voiceover] Before you can develop your first iOS…application you need Xcode.…Xcode is the IDE, or Integrated development environment…that Apple provides for developers…and you can download it for free from the Mac App Store.…Getting started with Xcode is simpler than ever.…With Xcode six and earlier developers had to pay $99…to join the Apple Developer Program, to unlock the ability…to develop and test apps on their own iOS device.…Now, with Xcode seven, all you need is a free Apple ID…to start playing with Xcode and testing ideas…on your iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch.…
If you do not already have an Apple ID…the easiest way to create one…is to visit appleid.apple.com/account.…I already have an Apple ID set up.…So the next thing I need to do is to download Xcode…onto my Mac.…I'll open the App Store by going to the Apple menu…and choosing App Store.…In the App Store I'll search for Xcode…and it should be the search listing in the search results.…I'll click once on the Xcode icon.…To install Xcode I need a Mac that is capable…
With over 15 years of experience in the software industry, Mike Wong reviews the tools, language choices, and high-level concepts behind iOS app development. Dive in and learn about storage requirements, interface design, and the tricks to promoting iOS apps in a crowded marketplace. In each video, Mike will point you to training videos, articles, and forums for learning more.
When you're done with this overview, make sure to subscribe to our curated playlist, Develop Apps for iPads and iPhones, which includes a selection of our most relevant iOS app development training.
- Acquiring the right tools for iOS app development
- Coding in Swift and Objective-C
- Working with Xcode
- Understanding app storage and project management
- Designing your app
- Promoting and marketing iOS apps