Join Ron Buencamino for an in-depth discussion in this video Delivering products In your app: Part 3, part of Implementing In-App Purchases in iOS with Swift.
- [Voiceover] Okay, so, now that we're able to…handle the different transaction statuses…that come through the payment queue…and now that we've been able to…lock and essentially unlock purchases…what we want to do now is focus…on verifying the app store receipt…after a purchase has been made, and after that receipt…has been verified, we can then go ahead…and unlock the purchases, and really complete…the product delivery cycle.…
Now, for us to be able to do that…as a reminder, what we want to do…is take a JSON object and we want…to send it to the app store receipt verification service,…and then based on it's response…we then want to be able to go in…and unlock the features…based on the verified receipt.…So, what I'd like to do…is come over here and I'm gonna create some space.…I'm gonna be creating a function called…func verifyReceipt…and it's going to accept an argument…of transaction…SKPaymentTransaction…and that's actually gonna be an optional…because sometimes we're gonna call this function…and we don't have to pass in a transaction.…
First, learn what you can legitimately offer for sale in the App Store. Apple's guidelines restrict the sale of certain products, including real-world goods. Next, learn how to configure new products for sale with iTunes Connect and retrieve the product information in your app. Ron then shows how to request and process payments, and deliver the user's purchases to their iOS device. There are separate chapters for working with subscriptions and restoring purchased content when users have to reinstall the app—a smart strategy for keeping your app rating high.
- What you can and can't sell in the App Store
- Creating products in iTunes Connect
- Retrieving product information
- Requesting payments in your app
- Processing App Store transactions
- Delivering products to your app
- Working with subscriptions
- Restoring purchased content