Join Ron Buencamino for an in-depth discussion in this video Delivering products In your app: Part 2, part of Implementing In-App Purchases in iOS with Swift.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] So, now that we're able to…handle the different transaction states…that come from the payment queue,…now we need to focus on the products themselves.…Now, for this project we embedded two products…within to the app,…and what do I mean by that?…Well, they're already written in,…you just don't have access to them,…or you shouldn't at the time.…So, we're gonna go ahead and run the app now,…and when the app comes up,…we'll take a look at the first product…which is the photo notes.…So, I'll click the plus icon,…and it brings me here to the detail.…And if I click on the camera icon,…I see that I'm brought to an alert that says,…"Did you know that you can attach photos to your notes?"…If I say, "Learn more," it brings me to my store,…which is what we want.…
And for the second product,…if I were to take a look at the gear icon,…and I turn on Cloud backup, I can turn it off,…but more importantly I want to find out what it is.…And then if I say, "Learn more," again,…it's gonna bring me to my store.…However, if I was to take a look at the code itself,…
First, learn what you can legitimately offer for sale in the App Store. Apple's guidelines restrict the sale of certain products, including real-world goods. Next, learn how to configure new products for sale with iTunes Connect and retrieve the product information in your app. Ron then shows how to request and process payments, and deliver the user's purchases to their iOS device. There are separate chapters for working with subscriptions and restoring purchased content when users have to reinstall the app—a smart strategy for keeping your app rating high.
- What you can and can't sell in the App Store
- Creating products in iTunes Connect
- Retrieving product information
- Requesting payments in your app
- Processing App Store transactions
- Delivering products to your app
- Working with subscriptions
- Restoring purchased content