Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Deconstructing the solution, part of Code Clinic: Swift (2015).
- So, I'm going to deconstruct my finished project.…We use the same sound generation technique…as used in the spike, but we'll add functionality…to track a finger position…to recalculate (beeping sound)…the sine wave to change the pitch as we move left to right,…and the volume as we move up and down.…So, into the code.…Everything is defined in the one view controller,…there are no other classes here.…And all my methods here are collapsed,…so we can just get an overview of the class.…
Right at the top, we've got some basic properties.…I got the same AudioEngine and player node…that I used in the spike, but I've also added…another node here.…This is going to be to apply reverb to the sound.…This AVAudioUnitReverb is a built-in audio node in iOS,…there's a bunch of presets, we can simulate…a small room or a large hall, or even a cathedral.…Likewise, there are also audio nodes…where we could add delay, or distortion, or EQ.…Below that are a few class-level pieces of data…to hold values like the range of pitches I want to allow…
Simon introduces challenges and then provides an overview of his solutions in Swift. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: I am unable to access the Lake Pend Oreille data from outside the U.S.
A: A static copy of this data is provided here for lynda.com members outside of the U.S
1. Problem One: Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem 3: Eight Queens
4. Problem 4 - Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5 - Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6 - Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.