Tabbed applications group your app's pages into tabs. These tabs can be used to instantly switch from one view controller into another. Tabbed applications can be automatically created using an Xcode 7 template. In this movie, see how to create a tabbed application, how to add custom tabs, and how tabbed application choose which view controller to load for which tab. Also see how to customize tab view controller icons.
- [Voiceover] Up to this point, we've only used…the Single View Application template,…so under iOS, Application, let's use a different template…and discuss how it works.…I'm going to choose Tabbed Application, and click Next.…I'll name this Tabbed, leave the settings at Language Swift,…Device as iPhone, and click Next,…and then I'm going to save this…in chapter eight, tabbed, final.…Now, of course if you don't have the exercise files,…you can save this wherever you'd like,…and if you do have the exercise files,…just save it outside of that final folder,…so I click Create.…
Let's head over to Main.storyboard,…and look what we're starting out with.…Now, if you look in the document outline,…and you might have to click the button…to expand it by the way.…You're going to see First Scene, Second Scene,…and Tab Bar Controller Scene.…Now if you expand these scenes, you'll see that each…has their own view controller,…so this is the first time we've actually looked at…applications with multiple view controllers.…Now let's run the app in the iPhone 6S simulator,…
Interested in developing for Apple Watch or Apple TV? Get a sneak peek in Chapter 9. The course wraps up with a look at the submission process for the App Store.
- Installing Xcode and the iOS SDK
- Creating a simple iOS app
- Creating a basic interaction with a button
- Choosing an object as a first responder
- Creating a user interface with Interface Builder and Auto Layout
- Working with sliders and progress bars
- Creating views to show images and web pages
- Developing responsive layouts with size classes
- Understanding the iOS architecture
- Loading data in table views
- Transitioning between views
- Developing for the iPad, Apple Watch, and Apple TV
- Submitting apps to the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
Building a Note-Taking App for iOS 9 with Swiftwith Todd Perkins1h 20m Intermediate
1. Prepare to Develop an iOS App
2. Core Skills
3. Basic iOS UI
4. More UI Objects
5. Size Classes
6. iOS Application Architecture
7. Table Views
8. Multiple-View Applications
9. iPad, Watch, and Apple TV Development
10. Finish and Submit to the App Store
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.