The master detail template, built into Xcode 7, is meant to be a starting point for apps that contain lists of data in a table view that can be selected to show details about the user's selection. In this movie, see how to create a master detail project and look at the features that are built in for you to create your own custom iOS applications using this template.
- [Voiceover] The Master Detail Application template…is useful if you want to display a list of data…and then transition from a Table view…to a Detail view.…You can find the Master Detail Application…under iOS Application templates.…I'll click next and call this Master.…Click next…and I'm going to save it.…Remember, don't save it in the final folder for this movie.…Save it outside of that folder,…if you have the exercise files.…
If you don't have the exercise files,…you can save it wherever you'd like.…If you look at the story board,…it's going to look a little bit complicated.…You'll see on the document outline…that there are actually five different scenes here.…We have a Split View Controller,…two Master scenes, a Detail scene…and a Navigation Controller scene.…Now, if you zoom out and you want to…look at everything at once,…by hiding the document outline…and hiding the navigator,…you can zoom out with command minus…and see how this is all set up.…
Now, this may look complicated,…but we haven't talked about split view controllers yet…
Interested in developing for Apple Watch or Apple TV? Get a sneak peek in Chapter 9. The course wraps up with a look at the submission process for the App Store.
- Installing Xcode and the iOS SDK
- Creating a simple iOS app
- Creating a basic interaction with a button
- Choosing an object as a first responder
- Creating a user interface with Interface Builder and Auto Layout
- Working with sliders and progress bars
- Creating views to show images and web pages
- Developing responsive layouts with size classes
- Understanding the iOS architecture
- Loading data in table views
- Transitioning between views
- Developing for the iPad, Apple Watch, and Apple TV
- Submitting apps to the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
Building a Note-Taking App for iOS 9 with Swiftwith Todd Perkins1h 20m Intermediate
1. Prepare to Develop an iOS App
2. Core Skills
3. Basic iOS UI
4. More UI Objects
5. Size Classes
6. iOS Application Architecture
7. Table Views
8. Multiple-View Applications
9. iPad, Watch, and Apple TV Development
10. Finish and Submit to the App Store
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.