Explore several common bugs in creating a book, including manifest-page mismatches and improper scope of resources.
- [Instructor] So we built a book.…We went to run it on our iPad and guess what,…it didn't work.…So we get this invalid Playground Book error,…and it's saying that it's had…some problems reading this whole thing.…So what we're going to do now is learn how…to check out the files and figure out what's going wrong.…A huge number of these, which I'm going to show you,…is merely the Manifest not matching up with the file names.…So go ahead and hit Ok,…and go back to Xcode.…
Now this one's pretty easy.…Because if you look here in the Manifest.plist,…you see that it's Ordermenu.playgroundchapter…is the file name we're looking for for the chapter.…But if you look here...…I'm going to expand this out just a little bit more.…You'll see that it actually says,…OrderMenu.playgroundchapter copy.…The file name's wrong, so I'm going to sit here,…and I'm just going to rename this correctly.…
There you go.…So that's one.…Because we're in Xcode,…this should if we go to our iPad update for itself.…And now we get different message, Invalid Playground Book.…
- Comparing iPad and Xcode playgrounds
- Creating and testing Swift classes and code in iPad and Xcode playgrounds
- Prototyping code
- Debugging and testing with Quick Look live views
- Using markup to interactively document code and create educational lessons
- Compiling code into playground books
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Playgrounds
2. Xcode Playgrounds
3. iPad Playgrounds
4. Markup and Playgrounds
5. Playground Books
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.