Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the loader application, part of Code Clinic: Swift.
- The first part of this solution is not…for sharing, it's just for me.…It'll be a Mac app that takes the data…and the Navy text files and saves it…into a CloudKit public database.…I'm going to call this application WeatherDataLoader.…I want to be very conscious of what I'm using…as the Organization identifier for this project…because when you're using CloudKit,…naming is even more important than usual.…You don't wanna have casually created Bundle names…like com dot some company dot demo xx57,…so I'm going to use com.lynda.codeclinic.…
So reading the Bundle identifier backwards, it would be…WeatherDataLoader in codeclinic in Lynda.com.…I'm going to select the Swift Language as you might imagine,…making sure Use Core Data is unchecked…and I will use Storyboards.…I'm just going to save this to my desktop.…And you might be wondering when and how do we create…that CloudKit container to save things into?…Well we could create one manually, but we don't have to.…I'll end up creating that CloudKit container…and that public database purely as a result…
Simon introduces challenges and then provides an overview of his solutions in Swift. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Problem One: Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem 3: Eight Queens
4. Problem 4 - Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5 - Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6 - Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.