Learn how to create a new Vapor project.
- [Instructor] Creating a new Vapor project is easy.…I'm going to fire up a terminal window…and navigate to the directory…that I want to create my project in.…I want to go to this folder on my desktop…called Exercise Files,…so I'm going to change the directory…and go to Desktop, Exercise Files.…Once I'm in the directory that I want to create my project in,…I simply type in the following syntax.…We'll say vapor new, and then we enter in the project name.…And for this project, I want to call it hello.…
Now, when I press Enter here, what's going to happen is,…Vapor's going to build a project…from a basic template that is provided to me from them.…However, if I have a template of my own,…or from looking around on the internet,…I find a template that I want to use,…I can simply add in the template argument,…which you do a double dash,…and then you enter in template,…and you can pass in either a full URL…that we're going to clone from,…or you can pass in…a GitHub username repo combo.…
Now what do I mean by that?…Well, first, let's talk about the URL.…
- Reviewing the concept of server-side Swift
- Installing Vapor in a local environment
- Creating a new Vapor project
- Reviewing Vapor's built-in capabilities to interact with external services
- Registering and authenticating with the Dark Sky API
- Working with Leaf templates
- Setting up a Heroku account
- Using common troubleshooting techniques
Skill Level Intermediate
Core Data for iOS and macOS Enterprise Developerswith Jon Bott1h 46m Intermediate
iOS App Development: Test-Driven Developmentwith Harrison Ferrone2h 14m Intermediate
1. Open-Source Swift and Vapor Background
2. Vapor's System Layer
3. Working with Vapor
4. View Templating
5. Deploying to Heroku
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.