Table views are the main list views used throughout iOS 10. This tutorial shows the basics of creating a table view in Xcode 8.
- [Instructor] For our app, we're going to build…a simple user interface.…We're going to do that in our storyboard file.…So, I'm going to select Main.storyboard…in the project navigator,…and here we have our app.…Now, on the left side, here,…we have this area that we can expand in the editor…that shows a hierarchy of our user interface.…Now, if you don't see this area,…or if you want to hide it,…you can toggle that by using the…toggle document outline button.…So, we can show or hide it using that button, there.…
Then, in the main working area,…we have this area that says View Controller…that looks like an iPhone interface,…and, sure enough, we can drag and drop…user interface elements from the object library…into this area to create a user interface.…So, what I'm going to do is…create a table view.…Now, the easiest way to get to that…without having to scroll through everything…until you find a table view,…is to simply click in the filter area…in the object library,…that's that bottom area…at the right side of the screen,…
In this course, join Todd Perkins as he takes you through how to create cross-platform apps using Swift. This course is one of three related courses designed to help you discover the similarities and differences that exist between the platforms used by three main devices: an Android phone, an iPhone, and a Windows phone. These courses use the same assets to create the same note-taking app so that you can identify and experience the complementary and contrasting development steps.
- Downloading Xcode
- Configuring preferences in Xcode
- Building the app interface
- Connecting interface elements to code
- Writing app logic
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Project Overview
A demo of the finished app1m 19s
2. Understanding iOS Specifics
3. Get Started
4. Create the Table and a Data Source
5. Edit and Save Data
6. Work with Multiple View Controllers
Next steps2m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.