Create a blank iPad playground. Learn how to use the on-screen input functions. Add a class, properties, and methods to a playground.
- [Narrator] Now that you've used pre-made playgrounds,…it's time to try a blank playground.…Go back to the My Playgrounds page.…Click the large plus for Get Playgrounds.…In the Starting Points, click Get for Blank.…For right now we're going to change the name for Blank,…so tap the word Blank, clear it,…and change it to My Playground,…and hit Done.…
Now click the icon,…and you get a blank code screen.…Let's code a list of pizzas.…We'll make a class Pizzas and a method to list them.…You'll notice in the completion area there is no class.…In the upper-right corner, tap the plus.…In the menu that appears, scroll down to the bottom.…Tap Class.…On the keyboard, type Pizza List.…Tap where it says Code to highlight it.…
We'll add an array to hold pizzas,…so type a V for Var, or select Var.…Make the name Pizzas and tap Value.…The auto-completion is context sensitive…and gives you the choices that make sense here.…Type the square bracketed values to use an array.…This will be a string array,…so hit the ABC button,…and with the keyboard add Cheese.…
- Comparing iPad and Xcode playgrounds
- Creating and testing Swift classes and code in iPad and Xcode playgrounds
- Prototyping code
- Debugging and testing with Quick Look live views
- Using markup to interactively document code and create educational lessons
- Compiling code into playground books
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Playgrounds
2. Xcode Playgrounds
3. iPad Playgrounds
4. Markup and Playgrounds
5. Playground Books
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.