User interface objects in Xcode 8 can be connected to custom Swift 3 classes. In this tutorial, see how the process works.
- [Instructor] Now that we've created that second…view controller, let's look at connecting…that to our class and connecting…the user interface items to that other class.…So what I'm going to do is actually select…view controller dot Swift and then I'm going…to press command, N to create a new file.…The reason why I want to select view controller dot Swift…before pressing command N is that the new file…is going to be created underneath my selected file.…That way I make sure that it's placed…right where I want it and I don't have…to drag it around or anything after I create it.…
So I'm going to choose, under the iOS section,…cocoa touch class under source, so it should be…the very first option that you have at the top.…Then hit next and then you want this…to be a subclass of UI view controller,…so type that in there.…And then the class is going to be detail view controller.…So detail view controller, subclass of UI view controller.…Don't create a XID file and the language…should be Swift, hit next.…Then hit create to safe the file in the default location.…
In this course, join Todd Perkins as he takes you through how to create cross-platform apps using Swift. This course is one of three related courses designed to help you discover the similarities and differences that exist between the platforms used by three main devices: an Android phone, an iPhone, and a Windows phone. These courses use the same assets to create the same note-taking app so that you can identify and experience the complementary and contrasting development steps.
- Downloading Xcode
- Configuring preferences in Xcode
- Building the app interface
- Connecting interface elements to code
- Writing app logic
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Project Overview
A demo of the finished app1m 19s
2. Understanding iOS Specifics
3. Get Started
4. Create the Table and a Data Source
5. Edit and Save Data
6. Work with Multiple View Controllers
Next steps2m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.