Navigation controllers can be customized with buttons to add custom functionality to your iOS 10 apps. See how to add a plus button in this tutorial.
- [Instructor] Our next step is to add a button that will…add an objects to our table.…So in other words, every time we click this plus button,…it's going to add a new note.…It'll create a new row on the table view,…and it will show it and it'll be animated.…So to do that, we're going to need to create a button…on our navigation controller,…and we're also going to need to create a method…that's going to add to our table.…So first I'm going to create the method.…
And I'll do that right underneath viewDidLoad.…So type func, call this addNote,…it's not going to return anything,…and then inside of the curly braces…I'm going to insert an object into the array.…Now, you want to have some text in it.…Let's say we have row one, row two, and row three now,…and we want to make it row four, row five and so on.…So I'll create a new constant called name to string.…I'm going to set it equal to row, a space,…and then the next number that I want.…
So to put the value of a variable inside of a string,…in Swift all you need to do is type a backslash…
In this course, join Todd Perkins as he takes you through how to create cross-platform apps using Swift. This course is one of three related courses designed to help you discover the similarities and differences that exist between the platforms used by three main devices: an Android phone, an iPhone, and a Windows phone. These courses use the same assets to create the same note-taking app so that you can identify and experience the complementary and contrasting development steps.
- Downloading Xcode
- Configuring preferences in Xcode
- Building the app interface
- Connecting interface elements to code
- Writing app logic
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Note-Taking App for Androidwith David Gassner2h 38m Intermediate
Converting iOS 9 Apps into Apple TV Appswith Yohann Taieb2h 2m Intermediate
1. Project Overview
A demo of the finished app1m 19s
2. Understanding iOS Specifics
3. Get Started
4. Create the Table and a Data Source
5. Edit and Save Data
6. Work with Multiple View Controllers
Next steps2m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.