Actions modify objects over a period of time. This tutorial shows what actions are and how to apply them in SpriteKit.
- [Instructor] Actions allow you to perform tasks…like animations on sprites…and run other tasks in a specified order.…So we're going to look at some actions…throughout this chapter.…We'll start with using the actions…available in the object library…and applying those animations on our screen.…So let's say in our game…we want this item object to move back and forth…and in order to do that,…we can simply create an action and we can have it loop.…
So let's look at how it works.…First I'm going to show the timeline.…That's this button right here…that brings up this timeline so we can control animations…on the items that are in our game.…Now, we also have this Animate button,…which enables us to preview the animations…right within the editor.…So to apply an animation to the item,…I'm going to just expand the item here…and we have this empty area…and this is where we place our actions.…So I'm going to search for a Move action…inside of the object library.…
Now, there's a Move action and a MoveTo action.…The difference is that the regular Move action says…
- Creating a SpriteKit project
- Adding and modifying sprites
- Creating sprites in code
- Transitioning between scenes
- Working with children and parents
- Adding physics
- Detecting and responding to collisions
- Applying particle effects
- Creating actions
- Working with sound
- Adding cameras and lights
Skill Level Intermediate
Game Design Careers with Brenda Romerowith Brenda Romero54m 41s Beginner
Careers in the Game Industrywith Christian Bradley1h 19m Beginner
Building a Game App with the Android SDKwith David Gassner2h 6m Intermediate
1. Introduction to SpriteKit
2. Add Physics
3. Work with Particle Effects
4. Work with Actions
5. Work with Audio
6. Additional Features
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.