Join Mike Wong for an in-depth discussion in this video Courses for learning Swift, part of iOS App Development: Essential Courses.
- [Voiceover] There are a slew of courses…that will set you up for success on your path…to develop your first iOS application.…These courses are included on the course playlist.…Watching a few courses alone is not going to…fully enable you to build the app that you have in mind.…Some concepts will take longer to understand,…so it may be advantageous to watch…some of the videos more than once.…Once you have completed a few courses, you should be…well-versed in Xcode and the Swift programming language.…You'll have a good idea of what's possible,…and you'll have enough of a foundation in Swift…to seek out answers to your specific questions…and understand how to take that information…and apply it to your unique circumstance.…
Let's get to the courses you should watch…to start learning Swift.…The best course to start with…is Swift 2.0 Essential Training.…This course focuses on building a…foundational knowledge and understanding…of the Swift programming language.…Set aside 30 minutes or so, each night for a couple of weeks…
With over 15 years of experience in the software industry, Mike Wong reviews the tools, language choices, and high-level concepts behind iOS app development. Dive in and learn about storage requirements, interface design, and the tricks to promoting iOS apps in a crowded marketplace. In each video, Mike will point you to training videos, articles, and forums for learning more.
When you're done with this overview, make sure to subscribe to our curated playlist, Develop Apps for iPads and iPhones, which includes a selection of our most relevant iOS app development training.
- Acquiring the right tools for iOS app development
- Coding in Swift and Objective-C
- Working with Xcode
- Understanding app storage and project management
- Designing your app
- Promoting and marketing iOS apps