Connecting UI objects to code is an essential skill for developing iOS 10 applications. This tutorial shows how to connect user interface objects to code using Xcode 8.
- Now that we've created our table view,…let's look at connecting it to our code.…Now, I want to point out that there are…multiple ways to do this in Xcode.…But I'm going to show you my favorite one.…If you want to see the other methods as well,…there are courses on that in the library,…which I will point out in the last movie of this course.…So, I want you to start in your storyboard,…so select main.storyboard in the navigator…and you should see your table view there.…And what we're going to do is open up the assistant editor…which gives us two views at the same time…so we can see our user interface and our code.…
Now the fastest and most convenient way…to get your user interface on the left side…and your code on the right side of the screen,…is to actually select the storyboard file in the navigator…and then option-click ViewController.swift.…So that give us this user interface on the left…and the ViewController code on the right.…Now, before I make any changes to this interface,…'cause I know it's really hard…
In this course, join Todd Perkins as he takes you through how to create cross-platform apps using Swift. This course is one of three related courses designed to help you discover the similarities and differences that exist between the platforms used by three main devices: an Android phone, an iPhone, and a Windows phone. These courses use the same assets to create the same note-taking app so that you can identify and experience the complementary and contrasting development steps.
- Downloading Xcode
- Configuring preferences in Xcode
- Building the app interface
- Connecting interface elements to code
- Writing app logic
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Project Overview
A demo of the finished app1m 19s
2. Understanding iOS Specifics
3. Get Started
4. Create the Table and a Data Source
5. Edit and Save Data
6. Work with Multiple View Controllers
Next steps2m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.