Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring projects for CloudKit, part of Code Clinic: Swift.
- Nothing I've done with this code has touched CloudKit yet…and here's where that changes.…As I mentioned, you must be a paid member…of the relevant Apple Developer Program…to turn this on.…To write a Mac App that uses CloudKit…I need to be in the Mac Dev Program.…For an iOS App with CloudKit,…I need to be in the iOS Developer Program.…If that's true, here's how we turn this on in this project.…Process is the same for Mac or iOS.…I go over into my project settings…and I pick the application target…and choose Capabilities.…There is an iCloud switch here,…that's the one we want,…we turn that switch from off to on.…
What it's going to do is then look up and see…how I'm signed into Xcode.…Do I have a Developer ID?…Do I have multiple Developer IDs here?…Because this does require you to have one…because CloudKit is dependent on that Developer ID…so if you're not signed in to Xcode already…you'll need to do that.…I'll select this account that I have,…that will store that with my project.…It'll think about it for a moment…
Simon introduces challenges and then provides an overview of his solutions in Swift. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: I am unable to access the Lake Pend Oreille data from outside the U.S.
A: A static copy of this data is provided here for lynda.com members outside of the U.S
1. Problem One: Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem 3: Eight Queens
4. Problem 4 - Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5 - Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6 - Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.