Xcode 8 has many preferences that can be modified to meet your needs. Here, you'll see how to access Xcode preferences, and how to change fonts, colors, and code settings in Xcode 8.
- [Instructor] You can adjust Xcode preferences…by going to Xcode, Preferences.…What I want to point out is…under the Fonts & Colors section.…If you ever want to change the settings…or you have a certain set of settings that you're prefer,…you can do that right here.…Xcode has some presets like Sunset,…Presentation Large, Midnight, and Low Key.…So you can choose one of those if you like…or you can create your own settings…by modifying the default settings.…
Select Default,…make a copy of it by clicking the plus button,…choosing Duplicate default.…I'll call this Custom Default…and then in here you can choose the Source Editor tab,…click inside of there, press Command + A to select all.…If you want to change the font…in font sizes for all these fonts,…this is how you do it.…Click the T button in the font area…and then choose the font.…For this course, in case you're wondering…I'm using Monaco 18.…
Now, of course, you don't have to use that font…if you don't want to.…I just wanted to point it out in case you're curious.…
In this course, join Todd Perkins as he takes you through how to create cross-platform apps using Swift. This course is one of three related courses designed to help you discover the similarities and differences that exist between the platforms used by three main devices: an Android phone, an iPhone, and a Windows phone. These courses use the same assets to create the same note-taking app so that you can identify and experience the complementary and contrasting development steps.
- Downloading Xcode
- Configuring preferences in Xcode
- Building the app interface
- Connecting interface elements to code
- Writing app logic
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Project Overview
A demo of the finished app1m 19s
2. Understanding iOS Specifics
3. Get Started
4. Create the Table and a Data Source
5. Edit and Save Data
6. Work with Multiple View Controllers
Next steps2m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.