Xcode preferences can be customized to your liking. This video shows how to customize Xcode 8 in Xcode preferences.
- [Instructor] You may have noticed when I showed my…code files briefly on my screen…that my fonts are a little bit larger.…You also may have noticed that it's a different font…than the default font in Xcode,…and that you're also seeing line numbers…on the left side of the screen.…You can actually customize how…Xcode looks through Xcode Preferences.…If you choose that menu item,…you can go over to Fonts and Colors.…And in the Fonts and Colors menu,…you can make a copy of the default settings…to modify them and make your own…by selecting Default and then hitting the plus button…and choosing Duplicate Default.…
Name this whatever you want, I would just call this Example,…and then from here you can modify these fonts.…Now if you're new to programming,…I wouldn't use any of these other settings because…you'll notice that we have these dark background ones,…and settings with different colors and everything,…and it's easy to get lost in all of these differences.…So I recommend making a copy of the default…if you want something as simple as larger fonts,…
- Installing Xcode
- Creating an Xcode project
- Configuring the iOS Simulator
- Understanding variables
- Connecting visual objects to variables
- Understanding methods
- Connecting a button to a method
- Using conditional statements
- Setting up the user interface (UI)
- Building a complete iOS app
Skill Level Beginner
1. Set Up Your Coding Environment
Create an Xcode project4m 19s
2. Programming Building Blocks: Variables
3. Programming Building Blocks: Methods
4. Programming Building Blocks: Conditional Statements
5. Plan and Prepare the App
6. Build a Full Application
Next steps3m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.