Join Ron Buencamino for an in-depth discussion in this video Conditionally present your storefront, part of Implementing In-App Purchases in iOS 10 with Swift 3.
- View Offline
- [Instructor] Our app is just about ready…to present our products, to our user.…However, right now, our app will perform…a products request, regardless of whether…or not the device is capable of doing so.…And, we should fix that, as we only want…to retrieve products, and present our store interface,…if the device, and user, are capable of doing so.…So, first, let's take a look at…Settings Table View Controller.…This is what's loaded, when we…press the gear icon, in our app.…Now, in here, I want to jump to…a function called Settings Menu.…
And, I want to let you know how…I'm generating this menu, that's showing…the different options, for us to choose from.…Now, this function returns an array,…that contains an array of strings.…Now, for the first section, we have the general settings.…We have About, General, and Profile.…And, then, we have a second section…which is just the Add On Store.…Now, if we look at this function, on line 43,…we're checking against a Boolean, for the key IAPCapable.…
Now, if it's true, we return both the first,…
First, learn what you can legitimately offer for sale in the App Store. Apple's guidelines restrict the sale of certain products, including real-world goods. Next, learn how to configure new products for sale with iTunes Connect and retrieve the product information in your app. Ron then shows how to request and process payments, and deliver the user's purchases to their iOS device. Plus, learn about selling subscriptions and restoring purchased content—a smart strategy for keeping your app rating high.
- What you can and can't sell in the App Store
- Looking at StoreKit
- Creating products in iTunes Connect
- Presenting products in your storefront
- Requesting payments in your app
- Processing transactions
- Delivering products
- Persisting purchases and auto-renewed subscriptions
- Restoring purchased content