Join Harrison Ferrone for an in-depth discussion in this video Comment types, part of Learning Swift 3 for Developers.
- [Instructor] A staple of good,…readable code is commenting,…and like most programming languages,…Swift has a few different ways we can do that.…Let's start off with a basic,…single-line comment with two forward slashes.…I'm just going to put the chapter title here,…Chapter 1: Learning Swift 3 for Developers.…If you want a more explicit, single or multi-line comment,…you can start out with a forward slash, star,…and then go down a couple lines…and close out the comment with a star, forward slash.…
Now, we can put in here, "Let's say we want more information…"on separate lines."…You can even interchange…and nest comments if you like.…As an example, let's write out our table of contents…for this section, so forward slash, star, Hello Swift.…I'm going to go ahead and close out our comment.…Underneath that, I'm going to add a new comment.…Starting a new playground.…
And we'll do another type of comment for this video.…Comment Types.…And finally, we'll just put a multi-line comment.…Printing to the console.…Now that we've got that handled,…
- Starting a new playground
- Printing to the console
- Declaring variables
- Working with numbers
- Using strings
- Breaking down optionals
- Understanding closures
- Classes vs. structs
- Extensions and protocols
Skill Level Beginner
1. Hello Swift
2. Back to Basics: Variables and Operators
3. Collections, Tuples, and Enumerations
4. Working with Logic Flows
5. Only in Swift: Optionals
6. Functions, Closures, and Associated Types
7. Classes vs. Structs
8. Advanced Topics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.