Visit other courses in the series to see how to solve the exact same challenges in languages like C#, C++, Java, PHP, Python, and Ruby.
- Building a database
- Querying data
- Calculating statistics with Swift methods
- Accessing and displaying geolocation data
- Accessing peripherals
- Detecting facial features and identities
- Creating real-time dashboards
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Todd] Hello, and welcome to Code Clinic for Swift. My name is Todd Perkins. I'm really looking forward to showing you my solutions for the challenges proposed to the Code Clinic authors. In this series, we'll explore creative and efficient ways to use Swift to solve a range of problems. I'll describe some of the unique aspects of working with Swift, and offer suggestions on how to improve your code. If you are new to programming, or if you are a seasoned programmer, this series of videos will be beneficial to you, showing you how to effectively use the Swift language in a real-world solutions.
After watching each solution, you will come away with patterns for writing Swift programs, as well as reusable code that you can use in your own projects. If you search our library for Code Clinic, you'll find additional courses by different authors using other languages. Each Code Clinic author solves the exact same set of problems, so you can compare different solutions, as well as the pros and cons of each language. If you're wanting to learn to program, if you're looking for tips on better coding, or if you're trying to decide your next new programming language, you're going to love Code Clinic.
So, let's get started with Code Clinic for Swift.
PHP: Test-Driven Development with PHPUnitwith Justin Yost1h 54m Intermediate
Consuming RESTful APIs in PHP with Guzzlewith Justin Yost2h 12m Intermediate
1. Problem 1: Weather Statistics
2. Problem 2: Where Am I?
3. Problem 3: Eight Queens
4. Problem 4: Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5: Facial Recognition
6. Problem 6: Real-Time Information Dashboard
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.