Simon introduces challenges and then provides an overview of his solutions in Swift. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Intermediate
- Welcome to Code Clinic for Swift. I'm Simon Allardice, and I'll be taking you through my solutions for the challenges proposed to the Code Clinic authors. Here, you get to look over my shoulder as I use Swift to solve a range of problems. We'll explore unique aspects of working with this great new language, and I'll show you some techniques for making your faster, more reliable, and readable. Working through specific problems gives us a chance to dive into software architecture and design decisions I often don't get to explore in other courses. How do we begin with just a problem and end up with an application? And it's true you won't have the exact problems I'm solving here, but that's not the point.
If you're looking for tips on better coding or just trying to decide on your next new programming language to learn, I think you'll enjoy Code Clinic. Let's get started.
Q: I am unable to access the Lake Pend Oreille data from outside the U.S.
A: A static copy of this data is provided here for lynda.com members outside of the U.S
1. Problem One: Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem 3: Eight Queens
4. Problem 4 - Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5 - Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6 - Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.