Cameras can focus on a particular node. This tutorial shows how to create and customize a camera, and how to get it to follow a node without having to use any code.
- [Instructor] Cameras enable you to follow around…an object on the screen, so let's say…we're makin' a game where the player moves upward,…and we want the camera to move along with.…So, here I have my player right here,…and I have this animation in the timeline.…It's just the player moving up.…You can preview that using the animate button.…So you can see the player moves upward over time.…And what we want to do is have the camera…eventually follow the player.…
So, in order to create a camera,…all we need to do is find a camera…in the object library and put it on the screen.…So I'll filter for a camera,…and then just drag and drop it in.…And this dotted outline here shows what we're going to see.…So, the camera's view is going to clip off…this area right here and then keep…everything within the dotted lines.…In order to apply the camera,…we need to select the Scene,…and then choose Camera from the drop down menu,…and pick the camera we want to apply.…
You'll notice that that line becomes a solid color,…so now the camera has moved,…
- Creating a SpriteKit project
- Adding and modifying sprites
- Creating sprites in code
- Transitioning between scenes
- Working with children and parents
- Adding physics
- Detecting and responding to collisions
- Applying particle effects
- Creating actions
- Working with sound
- Adding cameras and lights
Skill Level Intermediate
Game Design Careers with Brenda Romerowith Brenda Romero54m 41s Beginner
Careers in the Game Industrywith Christian Bradley1h 19m Beginner
Building a Game App with the Android SDKwith David Gassner2h 6m Intermediate
1. Introduction to SpriteKit
2. Add Physics
3. Work with Particle Effects
4. Work with Actions
5. Work with Audio
6. Additional Features
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.