Learn about programmatic auto layout for use in live views. Learn why it is a useful technique.
- [Instructor] This layout works fine in Xcode,…but it doesn't look so well in iPads.…I mentioned earlier that the live view…on and iPad is the size of the iPad.…On an iPad Mini and a 9.7 inch iPad,…that's 768 by 1024.…On iPad Pro, 12.9 inch, that's a resolution of 1024 by 1366.…If you're showing a one device only,…you can use the frames to set up your view.…If you might be using several devices, consider Auto Layout.…Auto Layout is a huge topic all to itself,…and I'm not going to dive too deep into all you can do…with Auto Layout.…
Let me give you a short introduction to get you started.…I set up this layout as a project in Xcode…so I can show you Interface Builder for a minute…and introduced Auto Layout a little bit easier.…There's a copy of this file in the downloads folder.…I added the pizza image in the text view.…The frames that we work with give an absolute position…of a view.…Auto Layout, instead, talks about relations between views.…You need to give Auto Layout enough information…to find an origin and a size of a view,…
- Comparing iPad and Xcode playgrounds
- Creating and testing Swift classes and code in iPad and Xcode playgrounds
- Prototyping code
- Debugging and testing with Quick Look live views
- Using markup to interactively document code and create educational lessons
- Compiling code into playground books
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS App Development: Notificationswith Steven Lipton1h 10m Intermediate
1. Introducing Playgrounds
2. Xcode Playgrounds
3. iPad Playgrounds
4. Markup and Playgrounds
5. Playground Books
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.