Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Approaching the problem, part of Code Clinic: Swift.
- The single biggest challenge about programming…audio on iOS is figuring out what on earth to use,…what frameworks, what classes,…what functionality's available, and even when…you've found what's available and there's a lot,…which option is the best one.…Most developers who haven't worked with audio…in iOS have a tendency to underestimate it.…Let me assure you there is an often bewildering…amount of options for working with audio here…and that's because audio itself is a genuinely deep topic.…We might say a simple sentence like we're…working with audio in iOS and it sounds like…we're describing one thing, but it's really…multiple, very different situations.…
For example, playing a short sound in an iOS app…like a quick sound effect, well,…that is actually pretty easy.…But that requires a totally different method from…playing a long sound like a looping ambient…background in a game that needs to loop seamlessly.…And that would be totally different from playing a song…that's saved in the user's Music Library…or configuring a queue of music tracks…
Simon introduces challenges and then provides an overview of his solutions in Swift. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Problem One: Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem 3: Eight Queens
4. Problem 4 - Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5 - Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6 - Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.