Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Approaching the problem, part of Code Clinic: Swift.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- As with all Code Clinics I start with the expectation…that you know Swift and you know Xcode,…but you haven't solved this particular problem before.…That you're not sure what classes or frameworks you'd use,…whether this is going to be easy to do in Swift,…or difficult, or maybe even impossible.…So if your first inclination would be to…search Google or Stack Overflow…or perhaps the Apple Developer Forums for some pointers,…well, yes, absolutely, that's what I would do.…We're programmers; laziness is a virtue.…We want to find out, has somebody else done this already?…But here's the first question,…what would you call this?…What phrases would you use here?…You might begin with phrases like:…"Swift find section of image".…
or perhaps: "Swift find cropped section of image".…You will get results from this…because you're using common terms…like "image" and "section" and "Swift",…you're going to get a lot of Taylor Swift results,…but you probably won't find exactly what you're looking for.…Part of that might be because the language is so new,…
Simon introduces challenges and then provides an overview of his solutions in Swift. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Problem One: Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem 3: Eight Queens
4. Problem 4 - Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5 - Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6 - Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.