Application icons are extrememly important for getting your app noticed in any storefront. This tutorial shows how to set icons for your iOS 10 apps using Xcode 8.
- To apply an icon you're going to need some icon files.…So you can get some image files for your icons…by creating them yourselves in an application like…Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator,…and then exporting the file as a .png file.…So once you have your image assets ready click on the…assets folder in the project navigator…and then select Appicon in the editor.…Here you're going to see a bunch of dotted lines…showing that you don't have icons set for all of the…different settings.…
So we notice that these icons are actually grouped.…So we have the iPhone notification icons,…we have the iPhone for spotlight and settings.…We have iPhone Spotlight iOS 7-10…and we have iPhone App iOS 7-10.…So to apply them, we'll stay here in Xcode…and then tab over to finder.…And I have my assets folder here.…The way that you know which size of an icon goes where,…is by looking at the point size and then multiplying that…by the number next to the X.…
So for iPhone notification 2x you take the 20 point size,…you multiply that by 2 and you get 40.…
In this course, join Todd Perkins as he takes you through how to create cross-platform apps using Swift. This course is one of three related courses designed to help you discover the similarities and differences that exist between the platforms used by three main devices: an Android phone, an iPhone, and a Windows phone. These courses use the same assets to create the same note-taking app so that you can identify and experience the complementary and contrasting development steps.
- Downloading Xcode
- Configuring preferences in Xcode
- Building the app interface
- Connecting interface elements to code
- Writing app logic
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Note-Taking App for Androidwith David Gassner2h 38m Intermediate
Converting iOS 9 Apps into Apple TV Appswith Yohann Taieb2h 2m Intermediate
1. Project Overview
A demo of the finished app1m 19s
2. Understanding iOS Specifics
3. Get Started
4. Create the Table and a Data Source
5. Edit and Save Data
6. Work with Multiple View Controllers
Next steps2m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.