Learn the basics of always-on live view.
- There's one more way to improve your playground.…In the Hour of Code playground…The live view is running when you open the page.…There's a live view mode called…Always On, which launches your playground…When the page appears.…Let's change the Dessert menu to make…It an Always On view.…Let's start by closing our current playground…And go into our Xcode.…And Command + 1 to get the navigator.…To start a live view you'll use…A special Swift file named Live View to Swift.…
Open the Playground book in Xcode,…And navigate to the Dessert Playground page.…Right-click on the folder.…Add a new file.…And name that file liveview.swift.…To save some typing go into your…Contents.swift, copy the following lines.…The import UIKit, PlaygroundSupport,…The menuBoard, and the current live view menuBoard.…
Copy that.…Go into Live View…Paste it.…Save the code and go to your iPad.…Once there and the demo reloads…Go ahead and hit the demo and go…To the Desserts page.…You can't directly modify the object…In a live view, but press Run and your…
- Comparing iPad and Xcode playgrounds
- Creating and testing Swift classes and code in iPad and Xcode playgrounds
- Prototyping code
- Debugging and testing with Quick Look live views
- Using markup to interactively document code and create educational lessons
- Compiling code into playground books
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS App Development: Notificationswith Steven Lipton1h 10m Intermediate
1. Introducing Playgrounds
2. Xcode Playgrounds
3. iPad Playgrounds
4. Markup and Playgrounds
5. Playground Books
Next steps1m 26s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.