Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding behavior with an extension, part of Code Clinic: Swift.
- So we're using arrays of doubles in our day struct.…I'm going to extend the behavior…of what the standard Swift array can do…within this application.…I could write the code for this extension anywhere.…I could put it in this day struct file,…I could put it in my View Controller.…For clarity I will create a new file for it.…I'll just call this one ArrayExtension.…The name of the file is not technically impactful,…it just makes it obvious what we're using this for.…So inside this I will just add extension Array.…
That's all the code I need to begin.…Whatever functionality I add here…will be available in all Swift arrays in this project.…So I want to add behavior to return a mean and a median…using the values in whatever array we're working on.…Sidebar, another quick software…architecture dilemma for you.…The end result of adding this behavior…is that when I have an array of numeric values,…an array of Doubles anywhere else in my project,…I could write something like myArray.mean…or myArray.median to get those values.…
Simon introduces challenges and then provides an overview of his solutions in Swift. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Problem One: Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem 3: Eight Queens
4. Problem 4 - Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5 - Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6 - Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.