Learn how to set up the dependencies associated with the PostgreSQL database. Discover the purpose of installing PostgreSQL using Brew, which will also install PostgreSQL tools necessary for Kitura to function property.
- [Instructor] The database Nadias Garden…has been created and it consists of all the…necessary tables and the data we need…to move forward for creating our Nadias Garden Kitura API.…We will start by adding a dependency…on Swift Kuery PostgreS package…which will enable us to retrieve, add, delete, update…and perform various operations with the PostgreS database.…Unfortunately, at this time, the Swift Kuery PostgreSQL…package is unable to work with the Swift4NX code 9 framework…But don't worry about it, we have created a duplicate copy…or a forward version of Swift Kuery PostgreSQL…which does work with Swift4NX code 9.…
And we will be using that in our videos.…Lets go to our Xcode project and add a dependency.…This is a very basic Kitura application project…which only has existing dependencies…on Kitura and Helium Lager.…We're going to add a package…dependency on the Swift Kuery PostgreSQL database package.…
We will start by typing the URL…which in the case is…http://github.com/azamsharp/Swift-Kuery-PostgraSQL…
- Reviewing the concepts behind server-side Swift programming
- Different server-side Swift frameworks
- Setting up a Kitura project
- Adding HeliumLogger for debugging
- Accessing JSON passed parameters using Kitura.
- Reading URL parameters and URL encoded form parameters
- Configuring the PostgreSQL database
- Fetching, inserting, and deleting records from the database
- Integrating a Kitura API with an iPhone app