Table view cells can have more features that just a label. Without actually modifying the table view cell to create your own, table views support both subtitles and image views. You can also customize the icon on the right side of your table view cells to show what will happen when a table view cell is selected. These features are shown and discussed in this movie.
- [Voiceover] In iOS you're not limited to just having…a single label in a Table View cell.…You actually have a few different options built-in.…You could even create your own Custom Table View cells,…but we'll look at that later on.…For now, let's look at some of the easy customizations…that you can apply to your Table View cells.…What you want to do is select the Table View cell.…I'm clicking on the cell here, in Main.storyboard,…and in the document outline you could see that the cell…is selected so if it's not selected,…you could just click it there…and then open up the Utility area.…
In here we have some options to adjust the Table View cell…if you're looking in the Attributes Inspector,…remember that button is in the Inspector bar…towards the middle.…So, here we have a few different sections, like Accessory.…If you click that drop-down, you can choose…if you want to show a Disclosure Indicator,…Detail Disclosure, et cetera.…Let's look at what you get when you change that.…I'm going to scroll to the right…
Interested in developing for Apple Watch or Apple TV? Get a sneak peek in Chapter 9. The course wraps up with a look at the submission process for the App Store.
- Installing Xcode and the iOS SDK
- Creating a simple iOS app
- Creating a basic interaction with a button
- Choosing an object as a first responder
- Creating a user interface with Interface Builder and Auto Layout
- Working with sliders and progress bars
- Creating views to show images and web pages
- Developing responsive layouts with size classes
- Understanding the iOS architecture
- Loading data in table views
- Transitioning between views
- Developing for the iPad, Apple Watch, and Apple TV
- Submitting apps to the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
Building a Note-Taking App for iOS 9 with Swiftwith Todd Perkins1h 20m Intermediate
1. Prepare to Develop an iOS App
2. Core Skills
3. Basic iOS UI
4. More UI Objects
5. Size Classes
6. iOS Application Architecture
7. Table Views
8. Multiple-View Applications
9. iPad, Watch, and Apple TV Development
10. Finish and Submit to the App Store
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.