Learn how to add resources from the resources folder and from the iPad directly.
- [Narrator] We've already looked at how to add resources…to the X Code Playground by dropping…them into the resources group.…In iPad Playgrounds, you do not have file access…on your iPad to add those files.…You can add them; however, through iCloud,…the photo library, or your camera.…Let's add a pizza icon to the menu items…using different ways of getting images.…In the Playground code go to the…self row at indexpathmethod.…And under the code for the detailed text label,…the following, cell.imageview.image.…
To add a UI image, you'll notice in the completion bar,…a picture icon; tap that and a pop over appears,…listing no images but giving you three choices.…This is an image resource icon…and it will directly set an image into your playground.…The bottom choice, is take photo.…Tap that and I happen to have pizza just handy right here…which I'm going to take a picture of.…
Go ahead and use photo…and you'll see in the images and in that…little square in the code we have our pizza.…Close the box, hit run my code.…
- Comparing iPad and Xcode playgrounds
- Creating and testing Swift classes and code in iPad and Xcode playgrounds
- Prototyping code
- Debugging and testing with Quick Look live views
- Using markup to interactively document code and create educational lessons
- Compiling code into playground books
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Playgrounds
2. Xcode Playgrounds
3. iPad Playgrounds
4. Markup and Playgrounds
5. Playground Books
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.