Sprites are the graphical assets of your games. This tutorial shows how to create a sprite and how to change its texture.
- [Instructor] Let's say in creating a game…we want to start adding objects to the screen.…For example, if we're making a spaceship game…let's look at how to add that spaceship to the screen.…The first step is going to be to delete this label.…So I'm going to select it on the screen…and then press the Delete key on my keyboard.…I'm also going to head over to GameScene.swift…and I'm going to delete just about all the code in here.…What I want to delete is everything inside…of didMove to view.…
You can think of didMove to view as similar to…view did load in a view controller.…This is when all the assets are loaded up and ready to use.…So we don't need any of this template code…so I'll just delete it all…right here…just like that…and I'll just confirm that I…deleted the correct curly braces…and it looks like there's one left over…so I'll delete that too.…Now I'm going to delete everything inside of touchDown…and everything inside of touchMoved…everything inside of touchUp…and any other code that references…something that was in the template…
- Creating a SpriteKit project
- Adding and modifying sprites
- Creating sprites in code
- Transitioning between scenes
- Working with children and parents
- Adding physics
- Detecting and responding to collisions
- Applying particle effects
- Creating actions
- Working with sound
- Adding cameras and lights
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Game App with the Android SDKwith David Gassner2h 6m Intermediate
Game Design Careers with Brenda Romerowith Brenda Romero54m 41s Beginner
Careers in the Game Industrywith Christian Bradley1h 19m Beginner
1. Introduction to SpriteKit
2. Add Physics
3. Work with Particle Effects
4. Work with Actions
5. Work with Audio
6. Additional Features
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.