Understand what you need to know before starting a marketing research project. Know how to use research, determine whether you really need it, formulate the problem you are solving, and asses whether qualitative research is the right option. Recommend watching Fundamentals of Marketing Research first.
- View Offline
- [Narrator] In this course, we're going to focus on the fundamentals of conducting qualitative marketing research. However, before you jump into a qualitative research project, you should understand how marketing research is used within an organization, and know how to determine whether you really need to do marketing research. You should be able to formulate the problem to ensure that the right problem is being investigated and that the information obtained will be useful. And, you should be able to select the appropriate type of research to address the need.
Qualitative is just one option, and it's not right for every situation. To set you up for this course, I recommend you watch Fundamentals of Marketing Research. It's not a requirement, but it'll give you some context for what you'll be learning in this course.
- What is qualitative research?
- The benefits of qualitative research
- Identifying your objectives and methodology
- Creating screeners and discussion guides
- Defining the timeline and logistics
- Writing a report
- Asking questions
- Moderating a group