Whether you are a company needing to do qualitative marketing research, a marketing research agency or moderator conducting the research, it is critical to understand all aspects of a qualitative marketing research project. Regardless of your role, learn how to get the most out of each chapter in this course.
- [Instructor] Whether you're a company needing to do marketing research, a marketing research agency, or a moderator who conducts research this course will be beneficial to you. Let's take a look at how you can get the most out of each chapter. As the client company your primary roles in a marketing research project are to determine the need for the research, create a request for proposal, select the moderator to work with, and provide input at each stage of the project. In chapter one you'll understand when qualitative research may be appropriate to help you meet business goals.
Chapter two will help you understand the overall flow of the project and what to expect from the agency or moderator throughout the project timeline. Selecting a moderator will be a critical decision for you and chapter three will help you understand what the moderator's role is and what to be looking for in a moderator. The last video in this chapter will also help you understand your role as an observer of the research. As the moderator or agency being hired your primary roles will be providing guidance to your client on methodology, writing the screener and discussion guide, managing project logistics, moderating the research and analyzing the results and delivering these to the client.
Chapter one will help you understand why and how clients may use qualitative research. And be able to council them if necessary on whether this approach is appropriate for their needs. In chapter two you'll understand all the elements of the marketing research project and how to execute each step. Chapter three will help you understand what is expected of a moderator and what a good moderator does. So whether you're a client or a moderator it is critical to understand all the aspects of a marketing research project.
This course will help you do that.
- What is qualitative research?
- The benefits of qualitative research
- Identifying your objectives and methodology
- Creating screeners and discussion guides
- Defining the timeline and logistics
- Writing a report
- Asking questions
- Moderating a group